Foscam ip camera and app and how to install it on pc
Security cameras have become an essential tool in many homes these days. With a security camera at home, you can be assured of security at home and the safety of your loved ones. Foscam is a company that deals with such cameras and in this article, we are going to talk more about their IP security cameras and Foscam app.
What is Foscam?
Foscam is a company that deals with IP security cameras. Foscam is under Shenzhen Foscam intelligent technology co. It is a Chinese company that deals with everything to do with IP video cameras and their solutions. Focusam is dedicated to providing the public with the most secure, high-quality yet cost-effective security cameras.
The company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Shenzhen, China. However, it is a worldwide operation with its own branches and distribution.
With Foscum, you do not have to wait until you find everything at home to see. You can do this using the Foscam App.
Also Check: Yoosee Camera for PC – Download Free
What is the foscam app
This is an app that lets you manage your focus cameras from anywhere in the world. You can watch live from your phone, talk through your camera with the app, record videos and more.
With this application, you can store some of your favorite videos as it has an extensive storage space. With Foscam you can also get information on your device whenever there is any kind of commotion around your house. The app is available on both Google Play And this app Store.
What is an IP camera, and how does it work?
IP cameras go by different names such as webcams, network cameras, and other names. Whatever name you choose to call these cameras, they are Internet cameras that transmit data over a local area network or the Internet. With a webcam, you can get pictures from any area via the Internet.
How does an ip camera work?
They act more like digital cameras, whereby they capture images and compress them to be sent over the Internet. IP cameras can be connected to the Internet using a broadband modem or wireless to router using cable over Ethernet cable.
How to set IP camera?
Installing an IP camera is relatively easy, and all you have to do is make sure that you connect it to the network and your patience for configuring the camera and the site. Most IP cameras, such as the Foscum camera, are configured for live recording, continuous recording, and are set to work even when turned on at a certain time or from a certain event.
Setting focus camera via web interface.
- Focus IP Camera
- FOSCOM installation software
- An internet cable
- A modem router
- A socket
- A PC connected to the same network as an IP camera
- If you have a wifi ip camera, type the connection password below.
Step 1: Connecting IP Camera
- Take the camera power cable and network cable. If you are using a wifi camera, the wire will be used to configure
- Connect the power cable to the socket and the other end of the camera’s power input.
- Connect one end of the Internet cable to the modem router and the other end to the IP camera.
Step 2: Installing Software
Now that the IP camera is connected, the time has come to install the software. Follow the steps below to ensure that you have successfully installed the software on your computer.
- Using a computer whose network is the same as your IP camera. Are the head of Foscam download page From your Windows browser.
Next, find out your IP camera type and choose ‘Software download’ based on your OS download for Windows or Mac.
- Open the downloaded file of the software and copy the folder where you want it to be on your computer.
- Now the software has been installed.
Step 3: Accessing IP Camera
Now that we have downloaded and installed the software, we are not done yet. Now is the time to prepare the camera for use. Follow the steps below to start using the camera.
- Open the installed software from your PC or phone.
- After this the software will automatically detect any Foscam IP camera. Double click on the camera that appears on the screen. It can be identified by the name of the IP camera.
- At this point, your browser will automatically take you through the configuration process, and you will be asked if you want to install a plugin that you will agree to do. The plugin will enable you to view the recorded images.
- After you install the plugin, restart your browser.
Step 4: Configuring the Camera
The plugin you download ensures that you can see the images that the camera has captured. Follow the steps below as we show you how you can configure the camera to start using it.
- After restarting your browser, you will automatically be taken to the login page where you can enter your details. If your browser is forgotten, try to open the software again, and then you can log in from there.
- In the usage field, you can enter ‘admin’ in lowercase and leave ‘password’ blank.
- You can change the language below.
- Now click on ‘Login’ and change the user details. Enter username and password and click on change. Your account has now been created, you will need them to use IP cameras since you hold on to the login details.
- After this, you will see ‘Set up wizard’ where you can set your preferences like country, time zone and name of your IP camera.
- Now the installation is complete, and the IP camera page will automatically appear, and you can start using this camera.
Keeping your home and family safe is an essential task, so this Foscam is going to be very useful for this purpose. You can watch all the events happening in the house from any part of the world using the Focusam app.
Read Also: How to run iVMS-4500 app on your PC with Bluestacks